Tuesday, September 27, 2011

28 1/2 weeks!

I really should just delete my "baby bump" pictures because I'm a huge slacker at getting them done and posting.  I promise one updated soon!

Right now our baby is weighing about 2 1/4 pounds and measures about 14.8 inches from top of her head to her heels.  She can blink her eyes which now sports eye lashes.  With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through my womb.  She is also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for her life outside the womb.  Pretty exciting right?

We had a dr appointment yesterday and I had Craig go with me since last time Dr. Stein visited with us and told us we had to get u/s every 4 weeks.  Dr. Bradfield was our dr who signed off on the report we got done in Bangor so we wanted to talk to him before we got anything done.  I had to go in 30 min early to do my glucose testing.  I was a little nervous because I've heard it's really disgusting and makes you wanna puke.  At Circle of Life they just have you drink a soda and eat a candy bar.  That sounds way more fun.  It wasn't bad though.  I had to drink a little bottle (about the size of a "bug juice" drink) and they gave me lemon-lime.  The first sip I thought it wasn't bad and tasted like flat Sprite.  The second sip I wanted to puke it up, so I continued by plugging my nose and gulping the whole thing in about 2 minutes.  Yuck!  We then got called back to get my weight, bp, and my flu shot done.  I've never had a flu shot but they recommend one especially with the baby coming in Dec.  Dr. Bradfield came in about 5 min later.  He's such a good doctor.  He had his crocks on and sat on the garbage can with his feet kicked up on the counter.  That's my kind of doctor!  I don't like when they are so formal.  He read over the report from our u/s in Bangor, in which they found that everything looked normal.  At the end for suggestions it did say my amniotic fluid was a little low, and I had a bulky placenta.  He says the placenta could be just fine, but it could "crap out" as he put it, near the end.  So because of those 2 reasons he said to get one more u/s again in Bangor and then we'll see what happens from there.  He said it should be just fine and thinks it's silly to have to get one every 4 weeks.  I agree.  It was nice to have him actually read the report findings and discuss it all with us.  He then measured my stomach, looked at the position of my uterus, and found the heartbeat.  Our little girl had a steady 150 bpm just like most baby girls in the womb.  We talked for a bit more about just simple things like Oregon (Craig had just got back from his trip) and family life.  Learned that he had 3 girls of his own.  Why do I see this in my future?  :)   So overall, it was a great visit!  We got scheduled for another 4 week visit then every 2 weeks after that.  I made sure when they scheduled that it was with Dr. Bradfield only!  I'm going to talk to him about him delivering the baby even if he's not on-call.  I just feel so much better with him as our dr and we both feel we can trust him.  My apt ended with more blood taken for glucose testing.  I was so glad to walk out of that office with a pleasant experience. 

So I do have another U/S visit on Oct 4 in Bangor at the specialized section of the hospital up there.  I'm looking forward to more pics and seeing the baby again.  I just barely got the bill for the last one we did up there...$1600!  Tell me that's not insane!  After the ins paid we only had to pay $462 so that makes only $150 left to pay.  Yahoo.  It's gonna be fun to see all the bills come in with a $0 balance we have to pay because of hitting my deductible.  I'm so grateful for a good insurance plan....thank you Kleinschmidt! 

Everything with me is fine and dandy.  I think I'm getting into a sluggish time right now.  I usually wake up at 8 with Jaycee and around 2 I'm ready for a good nap.  That 2nd trimester was nice feeling energized and ready to do things.  I'm still keeping up with my walks although I may have to shorted them to 1.5 miles and just add another day because near the end my feet start aching.  Lately with cravings I've been liking cup of noodles, carrots with ranch, and plain Lays crinkle potato chips.  Mmmm...that sounds good.  We also added the name "Andie" to the list of names to pick from although I'd like to not to a boy/unisex name with this baby.  Can't wait for the rest of the year!

1 comment:

  1. you and i have such similar cravings, how funny! glad things are progressing good. you are such a good mommy to take such great care of you and jaycee and craig. wonderwoman!

    ReplyDelete