Wednesday, May 13, 2015

38 week check up

It's been an interesting few days here in the Parker home.  Saturday we took the early part of the day and walked over to the park, around the duck pond and back home.  My stomach was a rock!  I had a few contractions later at night but nothing too bad.  I had tons of energy to get things done.  Then when it was time to go to bed, I wasn't tired at all.  I stayed up pretty late watching shows and knowing the next day we were up for church early. 

Sunday, mother's day was a good day.  I actually wasn't way tired at church but I was so glad we went.  When we got home the whole day I was spoiled.  I got a foot & leg rub, took a quick nap, had dinner & dessert made for me, got a shoulder rub, took another nap and enjoyed the day off for Mother's Day.  I was hoping it would be the night for labor for a 5-10-15 birthday.  After dinner we went for a walk but not very far because I was feeling a lot of pressure down low.  When we got home (8pm) I was having extreme contractions.  They were painful!!!  It reminded me of Hadi right before I went into labor & had my water break.  I was nervous but also knew the walk probably made this happen.  I wanted to wait it out as I knew they needed to be about 5 minutes apart and consistent to actually be labor.  These contractions were bad and I was feeling very sore.  My upper thighs were hurting, my lower back was super painful and feeling rocks in my pelvis.  I took a warm bath and slowly they started to calm down a bit but they were painful.  We decided to keep timing them and if they got closer together, we would go in.  I wanted to try to sleep because I was exhausted.  The contractions were a steady 7 minutes apart from about 8-11 pm.  I did make it through the night but it was a painful night.  I woke up many times with hard contractions or needing to pee.  Craig worked from home Monday just in case but things didn't do much.  Monday about 3 my contractions started again about every 10 minutes apart and continued until my apt at 5pm.

Monday at the doctor I was super bummed because he got called out for a baby delivery.  We were one of the last apt and the poor nurse had to see all his patients.  We were very patient as it did take a while.  When she came in I was super excited cuz she asked if I wanted to be "checked"  Of course I did especially cuz of the past few nights.  She gave me the news that I was dialated to an easy 3 and my body was completely thinned out.  So she told me whatever I did, it got me ready.  So pretty much baby can come whenever he is ready.  Otherwise, Dr. scheduled me for Friday at 7am. 

So now during the day I am taking it easy since Craig is 20 minutes away.  When he gets home I do whatever and if it triggers labor then yay!  Craig's parents are headed up tomorrow so it'll be nice to have their help with the girls and also for us to head to the hospital. 

It still is a little unreal that it's already time and also that I'm going to have a boy.  I'm just getting so anxious to meet the little man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment