Friday, May 8, 2015

38 weeks

Today I turn 38 weeks and am surprised I'm still pregnant.  I thought for sure I would be delivering earlier, but the way the past week has gone---I should've known better.  I had my 37 1/2 week check up.  Everything looked good and the doctor checked me again.  Saturday night before my apt I was having a lot of contractions and my lower back was killing me.  I knew it wasn't labor but thought it could've been the start.  But then as the night went on, they slowed down.  The doctor did my "check" and said I'm still dialated to a 2-3 about the same as last week.  So even though I was having contractions-they weren't doing much.  We talked about getting induced which I'm completely on board now.  The thought of going in for an apt and not rushed sounds pretty nice.  As well as not going over 39 weeks.  The dr is calling today (Friday 5/8) to get it set up for first thing on 5/15 if baby boy doens't come earlier.

I had another day that I got a burst of energy.  It felt so good!  I had the urge to clean baseboards and doors upstairs and mostly the guest bathroom.  There's still so much more I want to clean but most days I have no motivation to do it.  I also got girls' totes of old & upcoming clothes organized.  Let's just say when 10pm hit, I was worn out.  AND the next day....I sure felt it.  I took it easy most the morning but I was having major back aches & contractions again that I thought for sure labor was starting again.  Nope.  They died down again. 

We have been very distraught on what to name this baby.  Middle names we've tossed around were Logan, Spencer, Aaron & Craig.  I think it's pretty decided that his middle name will be after his daddy Craig.  I LOVE it!  Craig is a great man and such a personable person.  He has sooo many qualities that I always tell Craig that he needs to teach our son.  It would be an honor to name him after his dad.  We relooked at baby name lists and feeling like things need to get serious.  We revisited names  we like: Hayden, Lincoln, etc. but pretty much feel like Bodey & Cole or Colson always feel solid.  We also found another name that we haven't thought of Rylan.  We are both really excited about it!  I do still love Aiden, Liam & Jack but they are just a little too popular for us.  It should be fun to see what his name will end up being!  7 more days!!!! If not sooner....

No comments:

Post a Comment