Friday, June 3, 2011

12 Weeks

I'm so excited because we're only one week away from being done with the dreaded first trimester.  I can't complain too bad because it has been better than with Jaycee.  I've been feeling pretty good.  Some days I'm pretty nauseated but at least I'm not throwing up.  Food and scents don't do well with me and the idea of things make me want to puke.  For example; the idea of cooking and cutting up raw chicken, lighting any of my scentsy candles, cleaning up Jaycee's potty after she goes to the bathroom, and the smell of Jaycee's shampoo makes me really sick.  I'm hoping this will pass.  With Jaycee I ate so many PB&J that to this day I still can't eat them.  I'm hoping nothing gets ruined like that.  Especially salad because right now it makes me sick thinking of eating one.  I don't really have too many cravings.  Lately I've been eating funyuns, fruit of any kind, granola bars, tuna fish sandwiches, and triscuits.  They taste so good to me and always sound yummy-which is hard to find things at this point.  Also the other day I was craving ABC Mandarin pan fried noodles and lemon chicken and a krispy kreme donut.  I'm sure if those were available here, Craig would be out in a second to buy them for me.  He's such a sweetheart and will do anything to make me feel better and comfortable.  He's been really cute with this baby so far.  He loves to come up and put his arms around my belly and every time we cuddle his hands are always holding the baby.  Whenever I sit down at night, he'll always reach down to pick up my feet to rub them.  I seriously feel so lucky to have him as my eternal companion!
My next appointment is on June 16, but it'll be too early to see the gender.  So looks like we won't find out until probably around 20 weeks or so.  That's okay to me though.  We both are feeling it's going to be a boy and like to pick out baby names.  If it's a girl we already feel pretty confident with May (craig's g-ma middle name and my great-gma middle name) as the middle name and first names we like right now are Addelyn, Hadleigh, Kolbie, Kodi, Makall, Makell, Raegan and Sawyer.  I feel pretty good about the girl name list.  For boys...that's a different story.  The middle name will probably be Deaton, Larry, or Allen with the first name of Camden, Drew, Hayden, Jackson, Kypton, Malan, Westin or Wesley.  But that could always change because I never can make up my mind.  I'm up for any suggestions. 
Things are progressing and I'm looking forward to around 16 weeks or so until I get to feel the little one move and the nausea starts to ease off.  Until then, I'll deal with my ultra sensitive nose and picky stomach.
We can't wait until December!

2 comments:

  1. Oh the joys of pregnancy! Makes me miss it only a little. I am a done with crying babies for now!!! I love all the names! There isn't one I don't like. I love how you would spell Hadleigh! I still love that name. And we found out that the name Haddie is on the Read side. I hope someday we can actually be prego at the same time and live by each other!!! Glad things are getting better. Love ya Manda Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, first of all I am so sorry to hear about your nose being so picky. Its so hard not to be able to do the simple things your used to doing. I too hope that subsides pretty fast. But good thing for meds to help. As for names, my fave girl name since day 1 has been Hadleigh May. My fave boy name since day 1 has to be Westin Allen. Hope that helps a tiny bit.
    I just wish I could be there if only for a week to see you. I feel so lost sometimes with you so far away!!! Love and Miss you like crazy!!! Hurry home :)

    ReplyDelete