Thursday, June 16, 2011

14 Weeks

Today we had our appointment and it went really smooth.  We finally got to meet Dr. Bradfield
 and we were really impressed.  We did just the routine check-up of weight and blood pressure.  Then he came in and got out the little machine to find the heartbeat.  He told us we might not hear it, but within seconds we heard the little 150 bpm of our little 3 1/2 inch long "lemon".  We talked a little about old wives tales and joked around with him about having girls.  He has 3 of his own.  I'm really hoping he gets to deliver our new baby.  The way this woman's clinic is that you meet the 2 doctors and the mid-wife (who we already met and was the one who told us we miscarried at the beginning) and when you go into labor whichever of the 2 doctors is on-call is who delivers the baby.  You can have the mid-wife is you request her...no thanks!  So at my next appointment, July 14, I'll be 18 weeks and get to meet Dr. Stein.
Dr. Bradfield is an MD and she's a DO.  I don't know a lot about what that means but as long as I like Dr. Stein I'm sure I won't care.  They're both doctors and so far I really like the guy.  He's from Michigan and was joking how it's nice to meet people who aren't from Maine.  LOL

I've been feeling a little better as far as nausea.  I've been getting more headaches, but think they are caused by lack of food.  Good thing I can take Tylenol because surprisingly it takes it away.  My energy level has been a ton better and I've been able to have motivation to do things again...FINALLY!  Yesterday I went on a 3 mile walk!  I was pretty achy by the time bed-time came around.  I read that women should exercise at least 30 min a day while pregs so I'm trying really hard to keep at that.  I've gained a total of 12 pounds so far.  I don't know if that's good or bad.  I'm just trying to stay under 50-that's what I gained with Jaycee and that was too much cuz it was hard and took over a year to get it all back off.  Lately I've been craving blow pops (he he), toast, Red Baron pizza (how weird is that of all kinds), and lots of water!  At first I couldn't drink water because it made me feel sick, but now I can't get enough.  And I love Crystal Light!  So overall, things are looking better and the 1st trimester is done and over with!  SHOUT HORAY!  We find out the beginning of Aug what we'll be having.  Any guesses?

3 comments:

  1. I'm shouting YAY from my house...I know what it's like to FINALLY be out of the 1st Trimester. I wish there was a way you could just skip over it completely. :o) I'm so happy you like the Doctor (that's very important). I love reading how you & the baby are doing! I'm thinking of you & so happy for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing about all of this. It makes me want to be pregnant just so I could try to challenge myself at being a better prego person. I always said after having Wy that I would exercise, eat healthier, and not gain much weight with baby #2. Did any of that happen? NOPE! And I am seriously paying for it now. I guess I will have the chance to perfect this in a few years! Glad things are going well and I am super proud of you! What a stellar example you are. I so wish you were here with me to help push me and be with me since I can now stay home. Oh how I miss you and ache for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh sweet sister! it is so wonderful how great things are progressing. you have been so patient and i admire you so much with all you've had to go thru so far. Congrats on finding some drs, i truly hope they take great care of you and baby Wes! and huge Congrats! on making it past the first trimester. it really is a nerve-racking time and you've been a trooper. Love you so much!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete