Tuesday, January 20, 2015

22 & 23 weeks

A few days late and coming up on 23 weeks in 3 days.  Last week we got to have our gender U/S.  It was awesome!  Craig was able to take off the morning to go with us and then head to work after the apt.  I love the doctor & staff at this women's clinic/hospital.  They are all just so fantastic.  The u/s tech was very good at what she does & very personable, which is a bonus.  The baby was VERY COOPERATIVE on opening it's legs to see.  We were so excited because Hadi was very shy and kept her legs shut.  It was fun to see the baby so active but also feel all the movements.  It's the best part of pregnancy I would say! 

Jaycee didn't want to find out and I had an idea to do a gender reveal for family & a few friends.  Craig stopped at the store on his way home from work and grabbed silly string.  Whatever color sprayed pinkORblue would show what we were having.  It was a blast.  We sprayed each other all over the front porch and snapped pictures.  The girls loved having fun but also were excited to see the color shown.  Then I took the pics & made a card for family.  It was a great day for our family. 

The day after I had my 4 week check up with my doctor.  It was pushed back a little bit with the u/s so it was really about 5-6 weeks since the first appointment.  The nurse went over the u/s went me and I expressed some concerns about baby but she assured me everything will be perfectly normal when baby is born.  We had to wait 15-20 minutes for Dr. West to come in because he had been seeing patients in the hospital.  I was glad we brought books & snacks for the girls and they were soo good to wait patiently with me.  He came in and went over my us/blood pressure/weight which all looked completely normal and then had Jaycee find the baby's heart beat with the doppler.  I love hearing that sound and even more to feel the kicks.  He then gave me a hug and we were done for another 4 weeks.  I'm so grateful this baby has been such a blessing from the Lord and it's all gone so smooth. 

This week 22 and moving into 23 weeks our baby is spaghetti squash moving to a large mango
The dr did say in the u/s that the baby weighs exactly one pound and about 11 inches long. I love feeling the movements of the baby.  Last night 1-19 baby was moving like crazy and they were big kicks.  Craig felt it!!!  It's so fun to see his excitement. 

I am finally over my sickness (bronchitis/cold) so that's been so nice to stop taking meds & tylenol everyday.  I don't really crave anything specific.  Most the time I don't want sugar although I do have a treat probably everyday.  I've been trying to really limit my treat intake as I did gain over Christmas and knowing that every week is a normal .5-1 pound weight gain!  I also have set a goal to work out 40 minutes every other day instead of just the 20 and have to do it Mon-Sat. Most times is my work out video but I've added in picking up Jaycee from school as her school is 1.1 miles from our house.  I'm really stressing not gaining 50-60 pounds like I did with the girls.  I know I can lose it afterwards but it'll be easier if I keep it lower weight gain.  My body is just mean though cuz I think I could eat hardly anything and I'd still gain!  Owell-at least I can make & carry a healthy baby. 

I'm planning on sharing the gender news on here in a week or so. I'm having fun keeping everyone in suspense! 

No comments:

Post a Comment