Tuesday, February 10, 2015

24 & 25 weeks...moving to 26

The past few weeks have felt sssslllloooow  but then I look at the blog and I guess they are going kind of fast. 

Here are the pics of our gender reveal fun

BEFORE THE SPRAYING


 IT'S A BOY!!!!

I was really fun to do a gender reveal and then turn it into a cute card to mail to family & few friends.  Craig and I are still in shock some days that we are really having a boy!!! 
I've had some fun buying a few things.  I have a tote of boy clothes from Crystal & Dawn from their kids that I went through 7 years ago!  I bought a couple outfits from Old Navy since I had free money & also we went to Babies R US one day to check out their strollers and ended up with a few outfits.  It's been crazy to switch my mentality to boy items & styles.  I ask Craig a lot to try to learn what he likes as well.  We have a few things we need to buy for baby: blanket, bedding, new swing, double stroller, boy clothes, diapers, wipes.  Basically it feels like we are starting all over with a new baby.  With Hadi I used everything over again from Jaycee-but did buy a few new things of her own.  I'm actually really having fun with it.  I'm not way stressed financially because of extra money we are saving being in a rental home, extra check month, tax returns & getting good deals even if 2nd hand. 

The past 3 or so weeks I've been feeling great.  I've been exercising at least 40 minutes 5 days a week and sometimes even Saturday.  I'm hoping it slows the weight gain, after baby & labor.  I actually really like working out and seems to lift my mood.  I've had a lot of heart burn lately.  I notice when my stomach gets empty or even eating certain things trigger it.  Good thing for TUMS.  I had a strange craving the other day.  We had gone to Fred Meyer to get dessert and I walked away with a yummy, big piece of cake.  I took one bite at home and it wasn't hitting the spot.   Then I somehow got the need for mozzarella sticks.  It sounded so good!  Craig was a champ and went back to the store to fulfill my need.  And they were good!  I try to limit my sweets to only a few treats a week.  I usually go to bed about 12:30 and sleep until one of the girls wakes me up and some mornings get up long enough to get them breakfast & a show ready and back to bed.  I need at least 9 hours to feel good.  My normal clothes are still fitting.  I'm for sure out of my 12 pants-wear some 14's with a rubberband in the waist-and 16s are perfect to button.  There's only 1 of my maternity shirts that I wear-the others are still too big.  I'm not completely happy with my weight but at least I'm trying, working out and know that after baby I am determined to lose it all again.  I am glad I lost before baby to start at a lower weight. 

Baby boy has been very active and everyone has felt him kick at least once.  If I ever get nervous, I drink a little juice and baby is very active.  I just love feeling him kick and responding to me.  I'm just getting so anxious to hold & love on him.  I've been so stressed with the house (see other blog!) that baby boy is the one thing that stays constant and happy.  Next 4 week appointment I get to do my glucose & blood work.  I am 2 days from Week 26 so baby is about the size of a zucchini-about 14 inches & 1.68 lbs.  Baby name list has Caisen, Camden & Jed at the end of the list with Jones & Cole (Colson or Colman) at the top.  I also added Jamison to the list BUT I HATE the nickname James.  I'm still in search for adding more names although most days I love Jones.  Middle name we like Reid (after Aimee & her family but with a first name spelling) Logan (for obvious reasons-we Love Logan, Utah) or Hinkley (after our beloved prophet that was through Craig & I majority of life)  I guess in 14 or less weeks we have a big decision to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment