Tuesday, April 28, 2015

36 1/2 week appt

Yesterday I had my weekly check up again.  My weight, blood pressure & urine all looked fantastic.

The doctor came in and told me baby's head is down, showed me where hit butt was and all the things poking out at the moment were his feet.  Our baby is still very active and it's nice feeling him so much.  His heartbeat sounded great and measuring right on track.  He asked me if I wanted to have my cervix checked....of course!  I don't really love it cuz it is a bit painful but I wanted to see if I progressed at all.  My week didn't really change a ton from last week as far as my activity levels.  On Saturday I had a ton of mucus.  Everything I would go to the bathroom there would be globs.  Also I walked 2.5 miles with Jaycee to the park and back and was on my feet pretty much all day.  It was a busy, long day with lots to do.  I told the doctor that before he "checked" me.  When he did so, it didn't hurt as bad as last week so I assumed I had changed a little.  He told me I'm def progressing and he'd have no problem inducing me at 39 weeks if I make it that far.  He also told me on Saturday when I lost so much mucus...that was my mucus plug!!!  I am dilated between a 2-3 and already 70% thinned!  I was very surprised.  Also I got information about the hospital, where to go, what level to go to...all the necessary details.  We'll most likely drive down there tomorrow. 

I went to the desk and "checked out" and confirmed my next week apt and the girl says "if you are here"  It really hit me.  Wow she's right...He just might come before then.  It is mind boggling to me.  I know I've been pregnant for a while but it still feels like I'm only like 30 weeks.  I'm sure it's because I have so much on my mind and things to get done.  Also I'm nervous for labor and I'm a little sad to not be pregnant anymore.  BUT I am super excited to hold my baby!!! To meet the little guy that constantly is beating me up. 

I told Craig the news and he couldn't believe I was already progressed so much.  I had to convince him that I was serious that he was coming soon.  His guess was May 9, mine was May 5 & Jaycee is May 7.  I think we all are on the right time frame.  I'm feeling I have about a week in me.  Knowing I'm progressing makes me, in a way, want to get him out but my goal was at least 37 weeks so he's not too little. 

Last night after my appointment, I went out and pulled a bunch of weeds and swept the driveway.  Craig did all the lawn in the meantime.  When it was bed time I wanted to cry.  I was having LOTS of contractions and my body was just whacked out.  I'm thinking it's because of getting checked.  I guess from here we play the waiting game until Monday. 
(I put another new baby pic of my bump) 

No comments:

Post a Comment