Wednesday, August 24, 2011

23 1/2 weeks!

I'm getting very anxious to get this baby here.  I realize I still have 16 weeks or less, but I'm just so excited to hold her.

I had another 4 week apt on Monday with Dr. Stein in which she went over my u/s results from Bangor hospital.  They said everything looked good except they wanted me to get ANOTHER u/s because we didn't get a "very good" profile and didn't see enough of the spine.  I really think sometimes they are just out to make money.  What's even better is that the report they got Dr. Bradfield had already signed off on it and probably wouldn't have said anything, but Dr. Stein decided to read it all.  What else baffles me is that I have 3 really good pictures 3D of profile pics.  I don't understand.  Dr. Stein than continued on with trying to find the baby's heartbeat.  If the baby wasn't kicking and moving around I would've been nervous.  It was funny too because wherever she would put the little machine, the baby would kick it right after.  Finally she found it, and I told her...ya she's been kicking right there.  Dr. Stein says 'I should've just asked mom"  She's a really friendly and personable dr.  I would be fine with her delivering our baby if she's the one on-call.  Although I still prefer Dr. Bradfield.  So the appointment went great except for her talking about another u/s.  They did also find that I have a "bulky" placenta and it's anterior.  Which explains why I haven't been able to feel her move as hard as Jaycee did.  Right after the apt I called Craig and told him and once again, he gets frustrated.  To us it's not really about money because I'm now only $600 from hitting my deductible, but it's the fact of the matter that they are so nit-picky about EVERYTHING!  At the first u/s they saw everything they needed to except the bowels and wanted to get a better judgement at the due date.  So you'd think between the 2 u/s they'd see everything they need to.  I still think it's crazy too that with a 2500$ deductible I can just about hit it with doing blood work and ultrasounds!  Isn't that insane!  So I called a few minutes ago to schedule my next 4 week apt with DR. BRADFIELD this time so we can talk to him about the extra u/s and since he signed off on the report as okay.  They didn't even say anything about it when I scheduled either.  It's just retarded.  And frustrating.  And makes me realize that Circle of Life is AWESOME!

Jaycee is still really excited about having a baby sister.  Oh and she still has a baby in her tummy, and the baby kicks her too.  It's really cute.  I always ask her what the baby's name is but she hasn't learned the girl names yet.  There's 2 new baby girls in the Branch and every week Jaycee has to go see them and wants to hold them.  She's gonna be such a good big sister.  I think she might get a little jealous, but overall she's gonna do great.  She's already such a big helper with things, likes to rub my shoulders and feet (she watches daddy so she has to do it too), she's potty trained and will even wipe and flush and wash her hands, and most is she is just so loveable!  I'm so excited for our family to grow. 

Craig has been such a good husband...as always.  He's always rubbing my back or feet or making dinner.  Whatever he can do to help.  And mostly, just being patient with my mood swings.  I cried on him 2 nights in a row last weekend.  Poor guy.  He does get a little frustrated I buy so many snacks that I crave because it's a temptation.  I'm proud of him though because he's only gained 2 pounds with me being pregnant and buying treats.  My favorite moment was the other night.  We were laying in bed reading scriptures.  Craig reads them to me because I don't like to do much reading while I'm pregnant. Kinda makes me sick.  As I'm laying there propped up listening, our baby is going crazy.  Most of the time they feel small but this night they were big kicks.  I hurried and grabbed Craig's hand and pushed on my stomach where she was kicking.  She kicked him so hard.  Maybe she was saying...quit poking me!  It was cute though to see him excited and get to feel what I feel everyday.  I feel so lucky to be married to him!

As for me....lately my back has been hurting a lot.  I think because I'm always cleaning and picking things up and probably not bending the right way.  At least I have a rice pad to help with that.  I also do get heartburn & indigestion which the tums comes in handy.  Other than that, I feel great.  I've been walking almost everyday and that helps so much in the mornings to feel good and get fresh air.  Last week I walked 7 miles and still have 4 miles to walk this week.  I love it though.  Lately I've been craving donuts.  They're probably so bad for me, but they always sound so good.  I remember my sis Dawn craving them with her little girl too.  My favorite are the lemon filled.  MMmmm.....  That's about all the progress so far.  They said at the dr that my blood pressure and weight look great, so that made me happy.  I just know the next few months are gonna fly by.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment