Thursday, December 11, 2014

1st TRIMESTER

One thing I would never recommend: being pregnant & moving at the same time!  Talk about exhausting & stressful!  I am very thankful Craig took care of soo much & details while I was a slump on the couch. 

FOODS:  Oh boy I got sick from about week 6 1/2.  It came on fast.  I hated, hated, HATED food!  But obviously you have to eat.  I tried to eat as many things that had fiber as well as protein.  I went through a lot of string cheese-most days 2 a day.  And I would gag it down with juice.  I hate cheese!  But it was a quick fix to a hunger pain.  I hated water.  Made me so sick and still don't prefer it.  I didn't want anything sweet.  If anything I wanted salt & yummy food---when food did sound appealing.  I went through about 2 boxes of shredded wheat a week.  It was another fast fix that sounded ok and felt good in my stomach.  I hated anything way seasoned, anything in any bit greasy...just food was yuck!  A couple times I did crave things and I would eat it and the next day revolted it.  A few things I remember were onion rings, Olive Garden, nuts, chocolate milk w/tuna sandwich.  Food just sucked. I did what I could do get through the 13 weeks. 

MY DAY USUALLY:  I was still babysitting Jace & Cyra up until the last week we were in Wa.  I felt super bad about this as I felt icky most days.  At first I was super sick in the morning but then after about 7 weeks it changed.  I was ok in the morning but then once about 3or4 hit, I was sick most the night and got worst as the night continued.  Most days I spent LOTS of time sleeping, laying on the couch, laying on the floor, laying everywhere!  I didn't have energy to do anything...my poor kids!  They watched lots of shows while I laid. I was glad the days that the kids were over to play with the girls to give them something to do.  I tried at first to exercise, but when you feel yucky, it's the last thing on my mind. 

MY FIRST APPOINTMENT:  Didn't happen!  I called when I was 8 weeks to schedule just to get a first appointment of heartbeat, blood & exam.  I called & they wouldn't see me until I was 12 weeks!!!!  We were to move the day I turned 12 weeks.  They wouldn't even budge to see me a tiny bit earlier.  I was ticked!  Especially after our last baby.  Although I felt everything was ok. We decided to buy a doppler since we wouldn't get in until I was 16 weeks.  I check it at least 2-3 times a week but it was such a great sound to hear.  It was the piece of mind I needed.

So to sum up the 1st trimester: puke (can't take meds anymore) gross foods, gagging down anything, lots of sleep & GLAD TO HAVE IT DONE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment