Thursday, July 7, 2011

17 Weeks

Seems like just yesterday I was posting from last week.  I take that as a good thing. 

I got another bill in the mail from the hospital.  Remember back in the post "Even Level" when I said I had to go in for lab work TWICE when they told me I probably was still pregnant?  Can you believe they can charge $550 to take some blood and test it?!  That's ridiculous!  I'm only 17 weeks pregnant, been to the doctor 2 times for checkups and have already spend $1200 towards my deductible.  ALL ON LAB WORK!  I thought getting to a $2500 deductible would take forever.  I'll most likely hit it before I even deliver.  Good thing for good insurance and a maximum out of pocket!

It has been really hot this week!  It's been in the 80's everyday.  To some on the west you'd think that's good.  Well you add humidity and 80 feels like over 100!  Needless to say, Jaycee and I have played in her pool everyday.  Our tans are looking pretty nice.  Craig calls us his mexi-girls.  I don't know if being a human incubator has made me more susceptible or what.  I'm just glad I'm not 8 or 9 months pregs right now. 

I still have felt what I think is the baby a couple times.  Once a day if I'm lucky.  It just feels like a flop or flutters.  I can't wait to feel the real kicks.  That's one of the best things about being preg.  I'll be honest, I hate being pregnant.  The thought of having 4 kids and doing this 2 more times makes me dread the idea.  But some of the best parts are: giving in to cravings, getting pampered, feeling little kicks, developing a new womanly figure that's fun to dress up, delivering your bundle and "it" wrapping you around "it's" finger, the bond of breastfeeding, buying baby clothes, doing the nursery, and mostly when they learn to talk and say "I love you"!  That right there takes away the not-fun times throughout the measly 9 months.  I'm just getting so anxious and ready to know what I'm having and to hold and give more love to another person. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh reading your posts makes me feel super warm and cozy. You are always so uplifting. I love seeing you embrace motherhood so much! It truly is super magical, and makes me feel super blessed to have been able to go thru it 3 times. Yet, I am sorry about the costs...crazy! But I truly understand the feeling. Our deductible is insanely high as well. But good thing you are having 'him' and his bills all in one year. So no paying that deductible twice. Love ya much sis. Glad things are feeling well. I am sure you'll feel his kicks pretty darn quick =)

    ReplyDelete