Friday, July 15, 2011

18 Weeks

Can you believe that in 2 weeks I'll be half-way done!....Well if I carry full 40 weeks. Wowee.  Time is flying.

We had another apt yesterday.  We were supposed to meet with Dr. Stein but she had an emergency C-Section upstairs so wouldn't be back for about an hour so we just saw the n.p.  I'm not a huge fan of her because of her incompetence but she was very nice.  They did the weight and b.p. then she came in.  Craig had to take Jaycee potty, and she said to wait until they came back to look for the heart beat.  I thought that was really nice of them.  They definetely don't rush you here.  The heart beat was at 150 and strong.  It was funny because she had asked if I started feeling the baby yet, and at that moment it was moving around.  We had fingers crossed that we could get an ultrasound to check the sex of the baby, but again we were told that they wouldn't do it until 20 weeks when they do the "target" ultrasound.  Since we were a little off-schedule with the 4 week apts I thought they'd make us wait another 4 weeks to do the U/S, which I'd be 22.  But they didn't!  We have our apt on July 28 @10:15 am!  I'm counting down the days.  I wanted to keep it a surprise  from everyone but with Christmas coming up, that prob wouldn't be a good idea.  So keep posted for the big announcement.
With Jaycee before Julia even told me 99% girl I just "knew" that's what it was.  Although I did have my doubts.  But I really wanted a girl first so I doubted myself of my feelings or if that's just what I wanted.  I really feel like this one is our boy.  I do doubt myself again so we'll see.  Although Craig thinks a boy too.  A lot of people ask what I want and say... you probably want a boy?  Honestly, I don't care.  I'd love to have a boy and for Craig's sake, he could have someone that's not emotional.  But then again, a girl would be good for Jaycee and plus I have everything I'd need for a girl.  So either way.  I'm nervous for a boy because of the whole name issue I always have.  I have a good list of girls names that I feel confident about.  Boys on the other hand....the name I really like right now is really popular and most my family doesn't like it.  But hey, if he looks like that...that'll be the name.  Just because it's the only one that "feels" right to me.  So I'm always up for looking at names and ideas.

Everything else is going great.  No more sickness.  Food sounds and tastes good again.  I do notice it's getting harder to bend straight over without it hurting.  We went to pick weeds in our garden and that was a chore because I couldn't lean over.  Jaycee is getting used to the fact that mommy won't "hold you" anymore.  It's not that I can't, I just want her to get used to it.  But she does still love to climb all over me and sit right on my stomach.  That hurts.  I haven't been walking as much because it's been so stinkin hot lately.  I do some exercises of leg lifts, squats and twists everyday, but probably isn't as good as walks.  My food craving lately has been egg salad sandwiches and seafood!  I've made those sandwiches everyday and crave salmon, fish, tuna and shrimp!  I don't get my seafood fix as easily, but hopefully in 2 weeks I'll get some more.  Good thing we live in Maine.

Keep updated on my "baby bump" page.  I'll be adding 18 week pic within the next few days.  There's def no hiding the pooch anymore.  Now I just accept and show it off.  2nd trimester is the best!

2 comments:

  1. yes ma'am def agree...show off that gorgeous baby bump! Its super adorable. I am so happy to hear your appointments going so well even with you np. It can be so frustrating but of course you handle it with dignity. I still think boy, Wes, but having a little sis for Jaycee would be fun. Only cause as Kenna grows up, her and Ry have so much fun playing babies, and their new fave restaurant (good memories, eh?) Keep us posted...I know I am super excited to find out! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW...what's the boy name you like that no one else does???? And I still LOVE Hadleigh for a girl!!!

    ReplyDelete