Friday, July 29, 2011

20 Weeks!

Let me just tell you what a week it's been!  Craig and I had a rough week with being pounded with trials and trying to keep our head up.  We knew it'd get better once Thursday came and we counted down the hours until we got to see our baby.  Craig decided to jinx it though!...He said one of the days...With the week we're having just because we're excited for Thursday, watch we won't be able to find out the sex.  ....And that almost happened!...

We had our appointment at 10:15 and were on time and ready for the big ultrasound.  I drank a Mt. Dew on the way because whenever I drink one the baby is really active.  That backfired because it went right through me.  We went back in the room and got all situated and the tech tells us the baby is in a horrible position to see in between the legs.  We looked around at all the different things for about 10 minutes then she had me go empty my bladder.  I was very grateful.  I came back in and it moved the baby a little bit but "it" was sitting breach position (feet down, head up) right on it's butt with legs under.  We got to see the brain, heart, feet, hands, legs and all the important parts.  Still no luck on in between legs.  She had me shift on my left side; no luck.  Then back onto my back; no luck again.  What a shy baby.  By this time it'd been about 30 minutes and once again my bladder was getting full.  It was funny to see the baby kicking right on my bladder and I could sure feel it.  I was afraid if it got too full we'd be done and not get to find out; good one Craig on jinxing it.  She had me shift one last time to my right side.  Then Jaycee said she had to go potty.  Craig says as he walks out, "Maybe the baby is shy and doesn't want a crowd."  Right as they left the baby shifted and we got to see!  The tech asked if I wanted to know or wait til he came back.  TELL ME!  You see those 3 lines...IT'S A GIRL!  We briefly got to take a look and then back she flipped.  Craig came back and asked if "he" was being shy.  And I said, "It's not a he."  We didn't get to see between the legs again.  At the end she said pretty sure a girl but since we couldn't see again we'll try in a couple weeks.  But 3 lines is 3 lines.  We finished by meeting Dr. Stein.  I was very impressed and she was so good with Jaycee and let her put the "goo" on my belly and then use the machine to find the heartbeat.  It was cute how much she cared about letting Jaycee help.  Jaycee loved it too.

I had ordered flowers for my mom for her birthday, which was the same day, and called Gibby's first thing to put the message on the card.  I sent Craig's mom & dad a e-card telling them.  Dawn was the first to text and figured I might as well call and tell her the good news.  It was fun to keep everyone in suspense, at least for a couple hours.

I'll admit that I was thinking boy just because my cravings have been a little different than Jaycee, but knowing the ultrasound was coming, I've had a feeling all week it was a girl.  If you go by old wives' tales I was pretty sick and took pills everyday and the heart rate has always been 150-160.  But who knows if those are accurate. I am SO excited.  I'm sure I'd be happy with a boy too, but I LOVE having my little girl, and now I get two of them!  I asked Craig what if the 3rd is a girl too?...Maybe 4 kids is in the plan?...we'll see I guess.  He could care less. He loves his girls.  And it's a good thing he's manly and patient. 

I bought a blanket for the baby thinking it was a boy, so I went to Walmart yesterday and switched to a girl one.  I'm saving it for a Christmas present.  It was cute too because Jaycee picked it out.

A tradition in Craig's family is on Christmas Eve all the kids get new PJ's and they wear them that night.  That's a tradition I want to keep.  We bought Jaycee's PJ for this year already, so better get the new baby some too.  I found this one and a pink one with monkeys and Jaycee picked this one too.  She's got good taste. 

A lot of people have been asking also what names we like.  We do have a good girl name list going.  I'm sure I'll add to the list and when she's born the name that feels right will be the name.  He middle name will be May after Craig's grandma and my great-grandma.  For first names we like: Hadley, Kassidy, Makall, Raegan, and Sawyer. 

*We couldn't get great pictures because of positioning*
Side profile with arm sticking out.  Our baby is a hand sucker again

Here she is waving 

 Another profile pic

Not the "lack thereof" but "presence thereof"  It's really hard to see but the 3 lines indicate girl parts

YAY FOR 2011 BABY GIRLS!

2 comments:

  1. Seeing those baby clothes makes me miss being pregnant. I love buying things for a new baby when you are pregnant. So happy for you! We sure love all the girl babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. alrighty missy! thats super fun. i know yall were hoping boy...but i gotta tell ya even though sisters can fight, i am so happy i was lucky enough to get 3! and my girls play so cute together so i think in the end you'll LOVE it. i really really love those pjs, its fun you get to shop specifically now. congrats, its just so fun for yall. and ditto on all the girls this year! Love yall soooooooo much :)

    p.s. haddie gets my vote!

    ReplyDelete