Tuesday, November 8, 2011

34 1/2 weeks!

Another week almost done and another doctor visit done.

I had Craig come to my visit so we could talk to Dr. B about the ultrasound we just had since we knew they wanted us to come back.  I really like how when we come to our visits we hardly have to wait and I've come to really like the front desk girl and the nurse.  I was glad they were working today.  My blood pressure was awesome at 110/62 and I only gained 2 pounds.  Craig joked that it was great because of all my water.  He thinks it's funny how much water I drink.

So Dr. B comes in and we start talking.  He had an intern with him so the intern read the results from the ultrasound report.  The report had said my fluids looked better but were still low and recommends that "more fluid intake"  When the intern read that, Craig started laughing and we had to explain to Dr. B why we were laughing.  I'm drinking about 12-16 cups of water a day and that's not counting any extra fluids that I drink!  So don't worry...my fluid intake is fine.  It also talked about the "belly" that the doctor in Bangor seemed so concerned about.  Dr. B explained why...I guess the baby's measurements of her bones and head are not matching up with her belly.  Which comes back to my placenta.  Meaning it might not be giving her all the nutrients or blood to grow proportionately.  With knowing that, it means my placenta could most likely "give out" which if that happens the baby will need to come out since it won't be doing anything for the baby.   We did explain to him that we didn't like going up to Bangor, we felt they don't respect our time, and I was NOT a  fan of the doctor.  Dr. B completely understood.  So instead of going up there I will now have my u/s done in the office and it won't have to be these long big u/s every time.  So pretty much for the next 5 weeks I will be spending LOTS of time at the hospital/office.  I will now go every Tues for an U/S in the office to measure my low amniotic fluid, appointment with the dr, and then over to the hospital for Non-Stress Tests.  Then every Friday I go again to the hospital for Non-Stress Tests.  So Yes I will be driving to Waterville Every Single Tues & Fri.  The stress tests will show if there's any problems with my placenta and changes with the baby. We feel really good about doing what's necessary to make sure the baby is okay and that the fluids & placenta keep working. 

I feel very grateful for Craig's job today!  If I were working I don't know how I'd be able to go in 2x a week and my tues apt are most likely going to take a couple hours.  Also I feel very grateful that he can work from home those days so that Jaycee won't have to come with me.  I'd be fine with her coming but they said the NST could take anywhere from 30 min to 2 hours.  Just depending on the baby.  I have no idea how I would occupy her that whole time and make sure her needs are being met with me being hooked up to a machine.  At Craig's previous job there's no way he could take off that much work or let alone work from home.  So thank you again Kleinschmidt for being so family friendly, having good insurance, and for letting my hubby work from home.

I also decided that once 37 weeks comes around, with all that we've been through with this pregnancy, we want her out!  Craig even joked today that he's buying me eggplant!  I told him we have to wait until after Thanksgiving so we can have a good holiday with family.  So bring on that eggplant, walks, jumping jacks, spicy foods and whatever things in 3 weeks so I can get this baby out and in my arms where I can take care of her better.

2 comments:

  1. Goodness! What a lot to be going thru. But if anyone can handle it, it'd def be you two. I am so happy you can find a place to be comfy with your preggers...even if its quite the drive. Knowing they are taking such good care of you and you love your dr. makes all the difference. And it makes me feel good. Love ya and miss ya. Guess I'd better send my sweet Haddi her gifts before she comes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man oh man. I feel so bad that you have had a rough time with doctors there. I had the same problem with the low amniotic fluid with Oaklee. Hope things get better and she stays fine with growing. We are praying for that sweet baby.

    ReplyDelete