Tuesday, November 15, 2011

35 1/2 weeks!

Wow where did that last week go?!!!

Well things are getting close and physically I can tell.  Probably since Sunday I've been getting really bad Braxton Hicks that are super uncomfortable.  Most the time I don't mind them but this week they are hurting more.  It feels as though he head is just nudging to come out.  I even have a hard time sitting because of the position of her head clear down.  I find it's best to lay on my side or try to readjust her.  Also it's to that point that it takes me a minute to get up and down and my walking is getting uncomfortable and the waddle starts happening.  ha ha.  And let's not even talk about sleep....I love my sleep but super frustrating that I can NOT get comfortable at all.  I have 4 pillows and a body pillow and still not comfy.  I find that I'm not enjoying sleeping and just want to be awake doing things and getting everything ready.  I'm sure I'm nesting and Craig thinks it's funny.

Last Friday I went for my first NST and it went very smooth.  I absolutely love the hospital I'm delivering at.  It's so nice and the nurses are awesome, very informative, and so friendly.  The rooms are so big and I will be giving birth in the same room as recovery.  I'm excited about that.  When I arrived for the NST I thought it could take a while which ppl have told me, but luckily I ate before I came so the baby was so active.  They hook me up to a machine that has her heart beats and every time I feel her move I just push a button.  Well she wasn't a fan of having the things on my stomach that she kept kicking them.  That's good though because that's the point of the test to make sure she's okay and moving.  It only took 30 minutes from being set up and done.  I kinda liked the "me" time and it was relaxing to focus on this baby.
I went again today and we had the U/S first.  They measured my fluids, checked out my placenta, looked for blood flow from the umbillican cord, and also watched her belly to look for breathing.  She did great!  Everything looked fine.  My fluids have dropped a little since I had my last u/s 2 weeks ago, but they didn't seemed worried.  I go back next Tuesday for another one where they'll look at the same things and also do a few measurements.  After the U/S I headed up for my NST.  I was joking to Craig the other day that it'd be funny if she had hiccups because that would mean I'd be pushing that button so much.  Well....she did.  The nurse came in after 5 minutes and looks at the paper and I had to explain that there were so many marks because of hiccups.  I was only there for maybe 20 minutes.  Hiccups is a good thing though cuz it's showing she's getting fed and breathing.  My nurse today was really great too.  She gave me a lot of information about having my 2nd baby and info about labor.  Also told me that the 2nd baby usually is faster than the first baby.  So looks like I'll be heading down to the hospital right as my contractions are regular because I'd hate to have a baby on the side of the road.  And the hospital is 25 miles away.

So overall it was good visits and things are progressing.  I've also noticed more "mucus" so that's a good sign that we're getting close.  I'm going to set up a baby poll for fun to see what everyone's guesses are.  Just for some info: I've been told my due date is Dec 16, 17, 23 and today 15.  So that's should help with your guesses.  I can't wait until the big day arrives.  Yahoo!

2 comments:

  1. So glad things are finally going well in the Dr. area. I am so excited to for you to have another baby! It gets stressful but it is so rewarding. Hopefully you will have time to the hopsital and nothing like mine! ha ha. Yay for December to hurry just a titch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay so glad things are looking better. And I hope the driving for your NST's are going ok because its alot in one week. I am kinda hoping for another Nov. baby to join Rhett. So that may happen with all she's already doing. And with you being so uncomfortable, I truly hope it comes sooner than later. But mostly glad she's doing so well. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete