Tuesday, November 22, 2011

36 1/2 weeks!

Weekly appointments with the doctor started today....Ick...so do not like that feeling!

We started off with the ultrasound.  I really like the techs that do it.  They are super friendly.  The results came back that my fluids are still low but not too concerned about; the baby is measuring great and supposedly weighing at 6lb 7oz; the babe has lots of hair; and pretty much right on track!  Yay for great news.

After the U/S I headed in for the appointment with the doc.  I was a little nervous because I've never had a male doctor and especially one that's not half bad looking.  So he came in and measured my tummy and got the heartbeat.  We had good conversations about life and about moving.  Then he had the nurse come in to get a culture to test for Strep B.  I had it with Jaycee so we'll see if it shows up again.  Then he lubed up and went in...ha ha.  Sheesh I hate that feeling.  And I swear his whole fist and arm was up there.  He said my cervix is still long and the head is still up so pretty much I haven't even dilated yet.  I was a little shocked cuz at this point with Jaycee I was a 1+ and already started thinning.  So that was pretty much the apt and I go in again next Tuesday.  Once I reach 37 weeks I may have to speed things up a bit cuz I don't really want to deal with all this for a whole 3 more weeks...especially knowing today that she's weighing fine and looks good.

Th e NST went perfect and lasted a whole 25 minutes.  It probably helped that I ate a banana before I went in so she was really active.  I was excited though because they put me in the labor & delivery room.  They're super nice and a nice size.  Not like that matters since it'll just be Craig and I. 

And to end a quick thank you to a special person for the cute, cute, cute dress and PJs!  I'm so excited for her to wear that dress and to make a bow for it too :)  So thank you---you know who you are :) 

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say I Love You! I really enjoy our talks and I appreciate you checking in with me. It makes my day knowing you care. And I was so happy to hear she is doing so well, though she needs to stop growing or I'll lose the poll! She can't do that to her auntie :) (though I guess I could just change it)

    ReplyDelete