Tuesday, December 17, 2013

10 day check up 12/5

We went to Utah and boy was it a struggle some days.  I was sick!  Needless to say, I was grateful to have Zofran for those days.  I wasn't able to eat a lot of foods that I normally like.  The idea of fried food just makes me sick to my stomach.  ie. I love CAFE RIO!  We all went there and I got the salad.  The idea of the greasy meat made me nausea.  Went to Chick Fil A.  Got the soup and attempted a half sandwich.  Went to Chili's. Got chicken fried steak-ate a ton of chips& salsa and had just a few bites of my actual meal.  Took the rest to Justin.  Also I was soooo tired.  I wished so bad I could drink my Crystal Light but the very thought, even today, makes me nausea.  Also I had so much avacado & guacamole that now it makes me want to hurl.  I was glad to get home to say the least. 

I went in to my Dec 5 follow up U/S.  Craig had too much to do so I went alone with the girls.  They were so good.  The dr did a vaginal U/S and looked & looked and found nothing.  She had me sit up and then continued on to tell me that I'm in the process of miscarrying.  Since it had been 10 days she'd expect to see something bigger and instead saw nothing.  It just didn't make sense.  I've had no bleeding at all. Aug 14 was my last sight of blood down there.  I've had hardly any cramping-none mostly.  How can this be?  I've been sick and extremely tired.  She continued to tell me that it probably has moved into my tubes and getting ready to miscarry.  So from this point I was to have my blood taken this day (thurs) & monday to show my HCG declining.  I walked out feeling emotions all over the place.  I quickly got all my bloodwork and left. I was glad to have my sweet girls with me.

I had to go to WalMart to get some things.  I parked and called Craig to give him the news.  I started crying.  Jaycee was so aware of what was going on and she would wipe my tears as we sat in the parking lot.  I was emotionally done & drained and ready for this baby to just be gone from me.  I was ready to move on.  To stop stressing.  To stop worrying. 

I got home about 2 and was so tired.  Before this day I liked it becuase I had a reason to be tired.  This day it irritated me.  If I'm going to miscarry then let's get this over with and deal with this tiredness.  I took a little powernap about 30 min.  Then the dr. called. 
"Hi Amanda.  Um, your levels are at 57,000!!!!  So that means you are pregnant.  We need to figure out where this pregnancy is."  Then continues of how "the machine isn't very good" and excuses of why she couldn't see the baby.  I was irritated again!  We had to rush to another imaging place to get a better U/S done.  I had Craig meet me there since by this time, he was frustrated too and the girls were ready to be done.

The U/S was fairly quick.  The tech got the results to a dr since my dr was gone for the rest of the day.  The Dr. explained on the phone that there were 2 sacks.  One was filled with some type of fluid.  The other the tech explained she was 98.9% there was something there but was too small to measure or find a heartbeat.  The U/S did say I was 5w6d so the day, Friday I would be 6 weeks.  The dr explained to take it easy and helped to calculate how far I was.  Also she said she'd have my dr call Monday to go over results and explain what to do next.  I left feeling much better and glad we got somewhat of answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment