Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Questions!

Saturday, 9th was the day I officially found out we were expecting.  Things had to change.  Mostly just taking care of myself better, eatting better, work outs not as hard, limiting my caffeine intake, prenatals....and on and on.  I still was in disbelief but sure enough after taking a 2pk of First Response Sunday & Monday-we def are preggers!  I called the office on Monday and tell them and they schedule me for a "take in" nurse.  Pretty much an apt to get all the information and a plan.  After the call I was frustrated that they didn't even seem to care that I had taken provera, how far I am, etc. etc.  I called back to talk to the nurse and later that day my doctor herself called me.  I was so impressed by this.  She had remembered me and our appointment and congratulated us like 3 times during our 5 minute conversation.  She also informed me that provera is safe as long as it's not taken the entire pregnancy.  (sigh of relief)  We have no idea on how far along I am just that on 10/22 we had a negative blood test, but then she did tell me that it happens more often than not.  I also told her how on provera (past 3-4 weeks) we weren't "doing anything" so there's no way it happened during that time.  So obviously on my 10/21 appointment I was in fact pregnant.  Just not enough HCG to detect.  ***We all remember Hadi's experience***  (ugh doctors!)   http://nossonenedoce.blogspot.com/2011_04_01_archive.html     
So I guess first step was the appointment on Friday 11/15 and she wanted me to schedule a U/S with her week of Thanksgiving. 
Friday came quick!!!  Craig took the morning off and we took our girls with us.  I heard this appointment was good for him to come & listen.  Well the nurse calls us back and says...Oh only 2 of you can come.  Um-okay....so leave the kids?!!  Irritating.  I took Jaycee in with me.  Craig stayed out with hadi for about 20 minutes.  So much for him getting all the information.  She then went to schedule me my u/s and wanted to wait until after Thanksgiving!!!  NO WAY!!!  I told her we were most likely going to Utah so we wouldn't be around so somehow she got me squeezed in to Monday, November 25.  Yay.  The rest of the appointment was blood work & urine and done.  I felt so bad Craig wasted a morning off but was glad he was with me for the kids to watch.  He really wants to come on the 25th and we are crossing all our fingers & toes that there's a heartbeat--just one please.  And to find the due date.

Since then I've been a little crampy and had a tiny bit of spotting but nothing to be alarmed of.  My craving to this point if you can't tell is avacados & guacamole.  I feel like I can't get enough.  My favorite lunch is a turkey sandwich-just turkey & avacados on it.  Otherwise nothing really sounds good.  I don't like to eat.  I'm not really sick but just the thought of food & eating makes me kinda nausea.  I know it's weird.  With my other pregnancies it would get to a point that if I didn't eat I'd get so pukey.  This is different.  I can go without eating and I don't get sick for a long time.  But then it hits hard.   There's only been one day that I've felt really queesy-today in fact.  Took a zofran.  I'm extremely tired.  Last night I was out by 10:30 and slept in until 9:30.  Wow.  Jaycee is soo amuzed about mommy's baby and likes to look at my magazines & books and ask tons of questions.  Hadi likes to touch my tummy and then she in turn thinks there's a baby in her tummy.  She's gonna have a rough adjustment.  Craig is excited I think-he doesn't say much except he feels bad he doubted his strong feeling.  Which if this feeling is correct-we know what we're having.  I think he's excited but it's hard to have too much emotion when there's still so many questions.  The only other ppl that know are keeping it a secret and are my support system to talk to about things.  I'm still working out and hoping to keep my weight gain minimal.  I've been really good at choosing better options of fruit & carrots-all other veggies make me want to puke thinking about eating them.  Obviously I'm still wearing my pants but have to push them down so the button isn't right around my middle tummy.  There's def a baby pooch.  I'm sure if I wear a really tight shirt, close friends who know me would be able to tell.  Otherwise. I try to hide it.  I'm moody.  I'm emotional.  I have SO many thoughts running through my mind about baby.  It's just not real I think to me until I see that little one on the screen.  Until then I'll lay on my couch, take a nap, watch a show & enjoy my guacamole on a hot dog  (LOL not really but the other day this sounded so good to me)

No comments:

Post a Comment